Balance Alliance Challenge with @Cyogalab
If you feel you have the pose, release the legs, leaving the top leg straightened, hooking the bottom leg....
- Strengthens the wrists, arms and shoulders
- Tones the abdominals
- Tones the inner thighs
- Improves sense of balance
InLoveWithYoga2016 Challenge @lorenlotus @kellypenderyoga @altaregoapparel
SUPTA BADDHA KONASANA - SUPINE BOUND ANGLE
1. Lying on your back, bend the knees and bring the bottoms of the feet together. Bring the feet to the floor with the heels close to the hips. Let the knees open wide apart.
2. Inhale and bring the hands to the heart, as we open our Heart Chakra
3. Breathe and hold for 4-8 breaths.
4. To release: exhale and gently release the arms and legs.
Deepen the Pose
You can also involve your arms in this pose. Inhale and raise your arms toward the ceiling, parallel to each other and perpendicular to the floor. Rock back and forth a few times, further broadening the shoulder blades across your back. Then inhale again and stretch your arms overhead, on the floor, palms up toward the ceiling. Rotate your arms so the outer armpits roll toward the ceiling and pull your shoulder blades down your back toward your tailbone.
- Stimulates abdominal organs like the ovaries and prostate gland, bladder, and kidneys
- Stimulates the heart and improves general circulation
- Stretches the inner thighs, groins, and knees
- Helps relieve the symptoms of stress, mild depression, menstruation and menopause
MODIFICATIONS + VARIATIONSModifications: Support the knees, low back and/or arms by placing bolsters or blankets underneath.
Variations: A) Rest the arms by your sides, palms facing up. B) Rest the hands on the thighs to encourage the knees to drop towards the floor.
Comment below - Be sure to follow me on instagram
Follow me on Instagram today: https://instagram.com/hippiechicktrainer
Visit my Web Page: http://www.leisatimms.com
Join me on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/thehippiechicktrainer