Ardha Puwanmuktasana - Wind Releasing Pose
Pawanmuktasana – Gas Release Posture
What is Ardha Pawanmuktasana (Pranayama)? What are the health benefits of Ardha Pawanmuktasana?
Ardha Pawanmuktasana (Ardha - half, Pawan - wind, Mukta - free, to release) is a wind releasing pose that helps in relieving indigestion.
1. Lying on your back, inhale both knees into your chest. Wrap the arms around the knees, holding on to opposite elbows, forearms, wrists or fingers.
2. Tuck the chin into the chest with the head on the floor. Press the sacrum and tailbone down into the floor as you pull the knees into the chest using the arms.
3. Press the shoulders and the back of the neck down into the floor, trying to get the back and whole spine flat to the floor. Relax the legs, feet and hips.
4. Breathe and hold for 4-8 breaths, breathing deeply into the belly, actively pressing it against the thighs on the inhalation.
5. To release: exhale and release the arms and legs to the floor.
- Stretches the neck and back.
- The abdominal muscles are tensed and the internal organs are compressed which increases the blood circulation and stimulates the nerves, increasing the efficiency of the internal organs.
- The pressure on the abdomen releases any trapped gases in the large intestine.
- Blood circulation is increased to all the internal organs.
- Digestive system is improved.
- Relieves constipation.
- Strengthens the lower back muscles and loosens the spinal vertebrae.
- Sterility and impotence.
- Strengthens the back and abdominal muscles
- Tones the leg and arm muscles
- Massages the intestines and other organs in the abdomen
- Helps in digestion and release of gas
- Enhances blood circulation in the hip joints and eases tension in the lower back
- Massages the pelvic muscles and reproductive organs and is beneficial for menstrual disorders.
- Reduces fats in the abdominal area, thighs and buttocks.
- Pregnant women should bring their knee to side of the body instead of up over the chest
- People with serious back conditions, should take care in this pose
I would love to hear from you
Comment, like and share
Visit my Blog: http://www.leisatimms.com/blog
Follow me on Instagram today: https://instagram.com/hippiechicktrainer
Join me on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/thehippiechicktrainer