Yoga flow with all seven poses just below
Setu Bandhasana - Bridge Pose
This posture is relatively simple and quite exhilarating. If you find it difficult to hold the lift in your pelvis, slide a block or bolster beneath your sacrum and rest the pelvis on it for support. In contrast, if you are looking to deepen the stretch, interlace the fingers under the buttox, draw the arms together under the body and bring yourself up further onto the shoulders, draw chin to chest, maintaining breath awareness.
It's easy for me to say - Yoga Blooper, the language can be a tongue twister lol
1. Lying on your back, bend both knees and place the feet flat on the floor hip width apart. Slide the arms alongside the body with the palms facing down. The fingertips should be lightly touching the heels if you can reach.
2. Press the feet into the floor, inhale and lift the hips up, rolling the spine off the floor. Maintain the breath awareness as your keep the knees hip width apart.
3. Press down into the arms and shoulders to lift the chest up. Engage the legs, buttocks and mula bandha to lift the hips higher.
4. Breathe and hold for 4-8 breaths.
5. To release: exhale and slowly roll the spine back to the floor.
Once the shoulders are rolled under, be sure not to pull them forcefully away from your ears, which tends to overstretch the neck. Lift the tops of the shoulders slightly toward the ears and push the inner shoulder blades away from the spine.
- Stretches the chest, neck, and spine
- Calms the brain and helps alleviate stress and mild depression
- Stimulates abdominal organs, lungs, and thyroid
- Rejuvenates tired legs
- Improves digestion
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- Relieves menstrual discomfort when done supported
- Reduces anxiety, fatigue, backache, headache, and insomnia
- Therapeutic for asthma, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, and sinusitis
MODIFICATIONS + VARIATIONS
Modifications: Use a yoga block under the hips to support your weight.
Variations: Interlace the hands together behind your back, walk the shoulders in and press down with the arms and shoulders.
I would love to hear from you
Comment, like and share
Visit my Blog: http://www.leisatimms.com/blog
Follow me on Instagram today: https://instagram.com/hippiechicktrainer
Join me on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/thehippiechicktrainer