My Favorite points to support the digestive and immune system, combat tiredness, sore muscles of body, chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia. These points are so beneficial.
Located at the bottom of the cheekbone (maxilla) directly down from the pupil, this master facial acupressure point relieves a stuffy nose, nasal congestion, and the pressure or pain associated with sinus problems. I use this point quite regularly on clients that just can't breath to elevate the congestion and build up from colds.
Toothache & Eye Pain or Irritation: I use this point for tooth pain, eye ache, eye irritation, and swelling around your eyes.
Benefits of St 3: The Facial Beauty Point improves facial muscle tone and increases circulation. These facial points are gateways for the Qi life force and blood to flow freely.
Acupressure facial points relieve facial congestion as well as relax facial muscles and connective tissue, which attaches the skin to the muscles. After years of pulling and stretching the skin, the connective tissue is weakened, causing the skin to slip away from the muscles. The results are wrinkles and sagging skin.
Location: On the cheek, in the depression one finger-breadth (middle finger) anterior and superior to the lower angle of the mandible where the masseter attaches, at the prominence of the muscle when the teeth are clenched.
Health Issues Supported: Dry mouth, swelling of the cheeks, toothache, clenched jaw
Acupuncture and Acupressure Impacts: Dispels Wind, clears obstructions in the meridian, relieves pain, benefits the jaw and teeth.
This is a great self care technique, great for stomach problems, especially if you crave sweats, poor digestions.
This will assist in releasing yourthird chakra
Chinese Name: Taiyi (English translation: Supreme Unity)
Location: On the upper abdomen, 3 fingers above the centre of the umbilicus, 3 fingers lateral to the anterior median line.
- Enkindles agni (fire) , regulates samana vayu (balancing air)
- Stimulates digestion and absorption in stomach, small intestine and colon
- Regulates functions of liver, gallbladder, spleen, intestines
- Regulates function of kidneys, pancreas, and adrenals
- Relieves congestion in these associated organs
- Relieves stagnation locally caused by vyana vayu (or “omnipresent air,” is the prana vayu that integrates all vayus)
- Relieves abdominal pain and distension
The right point is especially connected with functions of the gallbladder, liver, hepatic flexure, head of the pancreas, duodenum, right kidney and right adrenal.
The left point is especially connected to the tail of the pancreas, spleen, stomach, left kidney, left adrenal, transverse colon and splenic flexure.
- Manic psychosis
- Irritability, protruding tongue
Chinese Name: Burong (English translation: Not Contained)
Location: On the upper abdomen, 3 fingers above the center of the umbilicus, 3 finges lateral to the anterior median line.
- Gastric pain, vomiting
- Poor appetite, abdominal distention
Chinese Name: Zusanli (English translation: Leg Three Miles)
Location: On the anterior aspect of the lower leg, 4 fingers below ST 35, one finger-breadth (middle finger) from the anterior crest of the tibia.
Classification: He-Sea point of the Stomach Meridian
Command point of the Abdomen
Point of the Sea of Water and Grain
- Gastric pain, vomiting, dysphagia, abdominal distention, borborygmus, diarrhea, indigestion, dysentery, constipation, abdominal pain, acute mastitis
- Emaciation due to general deficiency, palpitation, shortness of breath, poor appetite, lassitude, dizziness, insomnia
- Cough and asthma
- Pain in the knee joint, apoplexy, hemiplegia, beriberi, edema
- Depressive psychosis and madness
- Tired and sore muscles
Functions: Tonifies Qi and Blood, harmonizes and strengthens the Spleen and Stomach, strengthens the body and Wei qi, raises Yang, calms the Shen, activates the meridian, stops pain.
Notes: ST 36 is known as one of the most important points to tonify Qi and Blood and promote general wellness. He-Sea points are where the qi of the meridian collects and goes deep into the body. He-sea points are known to indicated treat rebellious qi and diarrhea.
Please comment, like and share