Variation of Krouchasana - Heron Posture
Balance Alliance Challenge with @Cyogalab
- Stretches your back, hips, and hamstrings
- Stimulates your heart and abdominal organs
- Therapeutic for flat feet and persistent gas (flatulence)
Contraindications and Cautions
- If you have any serious knee or ankle problems, avoid the Ardha Virasana (Half Hero Pose) leg position in this pose unless you have the assistance of an experienced instructor. Instead sit with the legs positioned in Janu Sirsasana (Head-to-Knee Forward Bend)
Modifications and Props
Many beginning students won't be able to completely straighten the raised leg or will lose the lift of the chest when attempting to straighten the leg. To counter this, place a strap around the sole of the foot before you try to straighten the leg. Hold the strap as close to the foot as possible, but don't sacrifice keeping the elbows fully extended and the chest lifted.
Matsyasana - Extended Leg Fish Pose
InLoveWithYoga2016 Challenge @lorenlotus @kellypenderyoga @altaregoapparel
This asana is pronounced as mut-see-ahs-ana
The fish pose, if carried out in water, allows the body to float quite easily like that of a fish; hence the name.
- Lie on your back. Your feet are together and hands relaxed alongside the body.
- Place the hands underneath the hips, palms facing down. Bring the elbows closer toward each other.
- Breathing in, lift the head and chest up.
- Keeping the chest elevated, lower the head backward and touch the top of the head to the floor.
- With the head lightly touching the floor, press the elbows firmly into the ground, placing the weight on the elbow and not on the head. Lift your chest up from in-between the shoulder blades. Press the thighs and legs to the floor.
- Hold the pose for as long as you comfortably can, taking gentle long breaths in and out. Relax in the posture with every exhalation.
- Now lift the head up, lowering the chest and head to the floor. Bring the hands back along the sides of the body. Relax.
- Stretches the chest and neck
- Helps relieve tension in the neck and shoulders
- Provides relief from respiratory disorders by encouraging deep breathing
- Tones the parathyroid, pituitary and pineal glands
If YOU ENJOYED THIS POST - PLEASE "LIKE"
Even comment below and be sure to follow me on instagram
Follow me on Instagram today: https://instagram.com/hippiechicktrainer
Visit my Web Page: http://www.leisatimms.com
Join me on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/thehippiechicktrainer