Day 22 Parsva BhujaDandasana
Balance Alliance Challenge with @Cyogalab
- Begin in your Figure 4 pose with your right ankle to the front of your left leg above your knee and flex into your right foot standing on the left leg.
- Bring your palms together with you hands in front of your heart. Softly bend into the left leg and sink into your hips, sending your hips down and back and your heart and chest forward.
- As you would twist in your twisting chair pose, begin to twist to the left. Place the back of the right arm to the sole of the right foot.
- Place your hands down on the floor facing the left and look in the direction of your hands as your lean the weight of the body forward.
- Strongly press the right foot into the right arm and lift the left food off the the floor and straighten it. Flex strongly into the heel for balance and stability.
- Slowly come out the same way you came in!
Have fun experimenting.
EKA PADA RAJAKAPOTASANA A ONE-LEGGED KING PIGEON
Benefits: Pigeon pose opens the hips and chest, facilitates deeper breathing, and opens the heart center. This posture stimulates the nervous, endocrine and reproductive systems.
Contraindications: Recent or chronic back, knee, or hip injury or inflammation.
MODIFICATIONS + VARIATIONS
Modifications: A) Place a folded blanket underneath the hip of the bent knee to keep the hips level. B) Use yoga blocks under the hands. C) Adjust the level of stretch in the hips by how close the foot of the bent knee is to the hips; bring it closer to the hips for less stretch, slide it away for more stretch.
Variations: A) Lead with the chest as you exhale forward, coming into Extended Pigeon. B) Bring the hands to the front bent knee, lifting yourself up a little higher. C) Interlace the fingers behind your back, squeezing the shoulder blades together. D) Inhale the arms over your head, in a H position, palms together with thumbs crossed, or interlace the fingers and point the index finger.
If YOU ENJOYED THIS POST - PLEASE "LIKE"
Even comment below and be sure to follow me on instagram
Follow me on Instagram today: https://instagram.com/hippiechicktrainer
Visit my Web Page: http://www.leisatimms.com
Join me on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/thehippiechicktrainer