Variation of Tittibhasana B
Balance Alliance Challenge with @Cyogalab
This is definitely not my best side lol ha ha ha.....
Start with the hands on the hips and then inhale and left the chest.
Exhale as you fold forwards from your hips keeping the spine long.
Inhale and then exhale move the upper body through the legs and aim to wrap the arms around the legs and hold the hands behind the back.
Inhale land engthen the body and then exhale see if you can move deeper into the posture and through the legs.
Hold here for up to five breaths.
Stretches through Hips and hamstrings, great for circulation and the blood flow as you come down into an inversion.
Upward Bow Pose or Wheel Pose / Urdhva Dhanurasana
InLoveWithYoga2016 Challenge @lorenlotus @kellypenderyoga @altaregoapparel
- Lie on your back (supine) on the floor. Bend your knees and place the feet hip width apart, close to the hips. Bend your elbows and place your hands next to the head on the floor, palms open and wide, fingers pointing towards the shoulders.
- Press the shoulders down in the floor, feel how that opens and even lifts the chest somewhat, take the tailbone in. Press the inner feet down.
- On an inhalation lift the hips to the ceiling. Stay here for a breath or two
- Inhale and on an exhalation pull the feet in towards yourself, ground the shoulders actively down into the floor to ground your shoulder blades on the back and take the armpits in and press into your hands to lift your body up, onto the crown of the head or straight away up to the ceiling straightening your arms as much as possible.
- Once up there, inner thighs roll in, tailbone lengthens, upper arms rotate outwards, upper back curls ad you can let your head hang or lift your head a bit to look down to the floor.
- To come out, exhale and lower yourself down to the floor as you look up to the ceiling, chin to chest.
- Hold the poses anywhere fro 5-10 breaths and repeat 3-10 times.
- Expands your chest and shoulders.
- Stretches you hip flexors and core musculature.
- Stretches your wrist flexor muscles.
- Strengthens the muscles that control your shoulder blades.
- Stengthens your gluteus muscles of your hip and hamstrings at the back of your thighs.
- Strengthens your low back musculature.
- Relieves some forms of low back pain.
- Therapeutic for asthma, opening the accessory muscles of breathing.
- Traditionally thought to stimulate the thyroid and pituitary glands, counteract depression and aid in infertility.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or tendonitis of the wrist
- Low Back pain aggravated by extension
- Shoulder impingement
- High Blood pressure
If YOU ENJOYED THIS POST - PLEASE "LIKE"
Even comment below and be sure to follow me on instagram
Follow me on Instagram today: https://instagram.com/hippiechicktrainer
Visit my Web Page: http://www.leisatimms.com
Join me on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/thehippiechicktrainer