Tadaka Mudra - Supine Crescent Moon
- Begin by lying on your back.
- Inhale and lengthen from the crown of your head down to the soles of your feet.
- Exhale and walk your torso over to the left, scooching over on your elbows, leaving your legs and feet right in the center of the mat. Avoid using the back of the head to move yourself over as this can injure your neck.
- Continue to flex the feet as if you are standing on an imaginary floor.
- Inhale as you bring one or both arms overhead. If both are raised, the arms can either be parallel (with the hands straight above the shoulders) or you can interlace your fingers with your index fingers up toward the ceiling.
- Make sure that your head is centered between your two arms.
- Come to a point where you feel the sweet sensation of a stretch, but are able to hold the asana steadily. Breathe deeply and balance the energetic forces of the sun and the calming influences of the moon within you.
- Breathe into the spaces between the vertebrae that have opened up along the left side of the body.
- Activate your legs. Encourage the muscles in your thighs to hug the femurs.
- Lengthen through the sides of your waist, keeping your shoulder-blades down and your arms active.
- If you need an additional stretch, cross the right ankle over the left.
- Walk the hands and arms back to centre. Avoid using your head or neck to walk yourself back. Perform the pose on the other side to balance the muscles on both sides of the body.
Benefits of Tadaka Mudra
- Opens the vertebrae laterally, hydrating and moving the discs in a way that is not always incorporated into our daily lives.
- The lifting of the chest expands the intercostal area and allows for healthier breathing patterns.
- Improves overall circulation.
- People with neck pain or injury should avoid side-bending too strenuously.
- Frozen shoulder and rotator cuff injuries may prevent other people from lifting their arms overhead.
I would love to hear from you
Comment, like and share
Visit my Blog: http://www.leisatimms.com/blog
Follow me on Instagram today: https://instagram.com/hippiechicktrainer
Join me on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/thehippiechicktrainer