Fantastic Breathing Technique for Weightloss
Kapalbhati is a breathing technique where rapid inhalation and exhalation is done. The exhalation (or Rechaka) is forceful and rapid, while the inhalation (orPuraka) is normal. Holding of breath (or Kumbhaka) is not done in Kapalbhati (except when practiced along with the three Bandhas). Only inhalation and exhalation is practiced. Exhalation is the main part of Kapalbhati. The forceful exhalation throws out the stale air from the lungs and the deep inhalation increases the oxygen content in the blood. It has the effect of purifying the nerves and the pranic nadis. It also removes excess of Kapha (one of the three Doshas in Ayurveda) from the body.
Benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Kapalbhati cleans the cranial sinuses and can relieve cerebral thrombosis.
- It purifies the nerves and the pranic channels.
- Excess of Kapha (one of the Doshas in Ayurveda) is removed from the body.
- Kapalbhati gives a clear mind and helps to control thoughts.
- The word ‘Kapala’ means skull and ‘Bhati’ means to illumine. This practice adds luster to the face.
- The Hatha Yoga Pradeepika claims that all impurities of the body can be removed by practice of Kapalbhati.
- Kapalbhati is the best practice available to oxygenate the blood.
- It helps to remove abdominal fat and is an excellent practice for obesity.
- It strengthens the abdominal muscles.
- The practice of Kapalbhati helps to regulate the breathing mechanism. It prepares the body and mind to take up advanced practices of Pranayama.
- Sit on the flat floor and fold your legs. keep the spine straight and close the eyes.
- Keep the right palm on right knee and left palm on left knee.
- Now take a deep breath and exhale with all your force so your stomach will go deep inside.
- When you exhale with hissing sound try to think that your disorders are coming out of your nose.
- Do not stress on inhaling. Inhalation should not involve any effort. Inhaling will be done automatically after each exhaling.
- Repeat these steps for 5 minute and take rest. You can increase the time for 15 – 30 minutes.
- Should not practice very fast. Speed of practice should be medium.
I would love to hear from you
Comment, like and share
Visit my Blog: http://www.leisatimms.com/blog
Follow me on Instagram today: https://instagram.com/hippiechicktrainer
Join me on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/thehippiechicktrainer