Nauli Kriya To Improve Gut Health
- uddiyana bandha: an abdominal lock accomplished by emptying your lungs and pulling the abdomen in and up under the rib cage
- madhyana nauli (central nauli): the isolated contraction of the central abdominal muscles.
- vama nauli (left side nauli): the isolated contraction of the left side of the abdominal muscles.
- daksina nauli (right side nauli): the isolated contraction of the right side of the abdominal muscles.
Benifits of Nauli Kriya
The Hatha Yoga Pradipika states that Nauli stimulates the digestive fire "AGNI", thereby removing toxins, indigestion, and constipation. It is considered a Shat Karma, which is an internal cleansing to aid with excess phlegm, mucus, or fat. The Gheranda Samhita, which predates the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, describes Nauli as such: "With great force move the stomach and intestines from one side to the other." It also claims that it destroys all diseases and increases the bodily fire. In addition, Nauli tones the abdominal muscles and massages the internal organs.
Nauli should not be performed by:
* Pregnant women
* People with hernias
* Heart disease
* Ulcers or various gastrointestinal ailments
* High / low blood pressure
* Mental Instabilit
If in doubt, consult a professional. In any case, nauli should not cause pain. Always practice carefully and with awareness.
Comment, like and share